Saturday, October 11, 2014

Countdown to the pregnancy test on 10/20.

October 10, 2015
The day after the transfer, I still feel no different, good or bad. I am bored of laying around. The lab called and said the embryos needed another day and they would call tomorrow. I continue to talk to my stomach and lay flat. Positive thoughts...I started the Estradiol today. One tablet two times a day. I got a little nervous and scared because the warning label on the side of the bottle says do not take if you are pregnant. I asked the nurse when they called to check on me and she said it is necessary to take and will not harm what was just done. I was also worried about how I was laying. Could I lay on my sides or did I have to stay on my back? She said I could lay on my side. Still made me nervous so I pretty much continue to lay on my back.

October 11, 2015
Slept good. Our new bed has the ability to raise the head and footer. I slept in the zero gravity position again on my back. I woke up wanting a McDonald's hashbrown... I never eat McDonald's. I drove down the street and got 2. Felt good to get up and out for a few minutes but I am back on the couch. The lab called this morning and said that the remaining embryos stopped growing and there was nothing left to freeze. I was shocked and made me cry. Well at least the decision on whether to freeze or not was made for us. Then the work stress started which made me cry. I had to stop taking the calls and make everyone take care of their own problems! No stress! Babies come first!
Still taking the endometrium 3x a day.

October 12, 2014
A relaxing day of watching football. Stress free days of resting should not include watching sports, they can be so stressful!!! =) Mom came over to help put out the Halloween decorations. Still feeling good and continue to talk to the babies! Positive thoughts. Still taking the endometrim and Estradiol.


October 13, 2014
Back to work today.. At least it was Columbus Day so it was not busy which meant not too stressful. Scheduled the pregnancy test for 1 week from today at 9am..

October 14, 2014
Shawn finally is home!! He got to kiss his babies! Still doing well controlling stress at work.. Will see what the next few days bring!

October 15, 2014
I really think I am pregnant! Some smells are making me so sick! I got so sick to my stomach I actually had to go get a Sprite and I do not drink soda! Fingers crossed..5 more days!!

October 16, 2014
One week ago today had the embryos transferred! This post is for the women reading this.. Men..giving you fair warning to move on.... Ok... I warned you... It really is not that bad but nothing a man wants to hear about! Regarding the Endometrin, the vaginal suppositories that you take 3x a day.. The nurses warn you about getting some white discharge from them.. This is an understatement..If you don't wear underwear, you need to start..And wear a liner with them! Not only does it seem like they melt out of you (yes I am pushing them up far enough) they also can come out in clumps of the pill. It does not matter if you lay down for hours after you put it in, it still comes out! Don't worry and freak out, it is normal, just not what you expected.

October 17, 2014
I never get headaches...Not even after a night of drinking..(Ahhhh I wish I could have a glass of wine.. It is going to be a long 40 weeks!) Two days now I have had a headache and not a sinus headache.. This is all in my forehead.. The hardest part so far is remembering to eat. I usually eat one meal a day and now having to eat 3 plus snacks is hard!

October 18, 2014
After the procedure you get a "survival guide" on how to survive the next 2 weeks from transfer to the pregnancy test. One of the tips is not to take home pregnancy tests. Because of all the hormones and medications, you can get either a false positive or false negative.  I have said from the first day that I will not take a  home test. Why would I want to put myself through that? I could get a positive reading and get all excited but end up not. I could get a negative reading then be all depressed and put stress on my body when I really am. I have stuck to that. I don't know why but for some reason today I have been wanting to take one. Maybe I am hearing my sister's voice in my head..She has been telling me to take one every day... I will be strong and wait until Monday!!!

October 19, 2014
One more day!!! I resisted the urge yesterday to take  a test. I will wait for the blood test tomorrow. I am getting more and more excited..and nervous...We both want this so much! The test is at 9am tomorrow... I am sure they do not give the results right there.. I wish they did..I am going to go crazy waiting for that phone call! The best advice I can give is not to stress out about it. You don't want your body having psychosomatic aches,pains and cramps!!

October 20, 2014- TEST DAY!!!!
Went in at 9am for the bloodwork.. Of course they don't tell you anything then, they have to call you later! This may be the longest day ever!! Nope, just 3 hours! Got the phone call around noon that we tested POSITIVE!!! My pregnancy hormone and progesterone levels are great and it is a definite positive!! (Opposed to a maybe positive?)  OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I can't believe it is finally happening! Go back on Wed for more bloodwork.. Then 1st ultrasound in 2 weeks, then 1 a week for 6 weeks.. Hopefully we can find out on the 1st one how many we are having.. Still a possibility for up to 4 if both embryos split. Still hoping for twins, a boy and a girl.. Still have to take the Estradiol and Endometrim for another 5-6 weeks... It is crazy the stuff that we still need to do daily and weekly! Although we are only 2 weeks pregnant, all the due date calendars say that I am 3 weeks because of how they figure it out even though I know the conceived date. It is confusing.. Do I use the date the sperm met the egg? The date of the transfer?? I guess I still have it narrowed down to a few days where most people have to guess!! So we are looking at an approx due date of July 2nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment