Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Implantation!

With Shawn out of town for work, Mom took me to the appointment. We arrived for our 8:20am appointment excited and anxious. We waited about 10 minutes before we were called back to the room. I was asked to take everything off waist down and put a gown on. Mom had to put scrubs over her clothes. The lab tech came in and went over the status of the embryos. They asked if we wanted one or two put in. We went with the doctor's recommendation of 2 as we had planned. The 2 best embryos we had were at 2 different stages. The best was a 3BB. The embryos are graded 1 to 4 followed by a double letter AA to CC. Our 3BB is very good and common. The 3 means it has reached full blastocyst, cavity completely filling the embryo. The BB means that the inner cell quality has several cells loosely grouped together and the trophectoderm quality has few cells forming a loose epithelium. That was the best of the 9. The second embryo was a little slower growing, I can't remember the name the tech used, I think it started with a M. Out of the 4 that were first fertilized, these were the best 2. The other 7, they were going to incubate another day or 2 to see how they grew for our freezing options. The tech told me to take the Valium. We waited about 15 minutes then they took us to the room. I laid on the table as mom sat next to me. On the wall there was a large tv screen. The lab put up our 2 embryos magnified at about 1000x. They both looked full and good! Those were our babies!! We watched as the lab retracted them from the petrie dish into the catheter and then they were suddenly in my uterus on the other screen! There they were! These 2 little specks.. And it took only about 5 minutes! Of course now I started to feel the Valium! We went back to the room and got changed and were done! Since were done 45 minutes earlier than planned I had Nena just meet us at Condell so mom could go to work and she could take me home. I was to be a "couch potato" for the next 48 hours. I felt no different. No pain, which is good. I started feeling tired and fell asleep around 1pm and slept until 6pm.  Must have been the effects of the Valium.


1st Valium Ever

Nana scrubbed up
Momma is ready

Nana and Mommy ready
There they are magnified 1000x




Magnified at 500x

Getting sucked up


So small you can barely see!



"I don't see it!!"

There they are inside my uterus! Those 2 spots!! Welcome to your home for the next 9 months! Grab on and get comfy!








Momma and her babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment