Had our 1st OB appointment today. Lots of bloodwork and testing to have done to make sure our little angel is healthy.. I don't go back until the end of December! It is going to be a hard adjustment not going every week and seeing the baby and how it is changing week by week! Going to miss those weekly ultrasounds.. Sounds crazy!! Still no morning sickness.. Getting hungrier more often.. Hardest adjustment for me is remembering to eat! I am used to eating once a day, maybe 2x.. and never breakfast!! I have been really good about having a granola bar, waffle, something for breakfast and then having yogurts, nuts, snacks around and TRYING to remember to eat....
December 9, 2014
Our exit interview with the fertility doctor. These people have been so amazing! I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs, The Fertility Center of Illinois and the whole staff. Get to stop the Estradiol and wean of the Endometrium to one a day for 7 days and then no more meds! Woo hoo!
December 10, 2014
Met with the nutritionist today. Being a vegetarian I wanted to make sure I get enough protein and have no idea what I should be at. Turns out I need a minimum of 80 grams of protein a day! That is tough for a meat eater, let alone a veggie! Since I have a family history of diabetes, I am worried about developing gestational diabetes. They suggest staying under 180g of carbs a day. I have stocked up on yogurt, apples, strawberries, oranges, raspberries, carrots, celery and peanut butter. Will stay away from edaname and raw tofu but will still eat limited processed tofu like fake chicken, veggie sausage and more.
December 15, 2014
Dr. Rosenberg called and all of our blood work came back good. No signs of any chromosomal diseases. We have the Bunn test tomorrow to test for down syndrome .
December 16, 2014
Had the Bunn test to test for down syndrome today. They measure the skin on the back of the baby's neck. They want to see less than 3.5 and we were at 1.8. They also check to see if the nasal septum has started to develop. It has. Heartbeat was good at 165. The baby was stubborn like its daddy! The ultrasound tech had to literally pound on my stomach to get the baby to move where she wanted it! It is only the size of a peach but the ultrasound makes it look so big! It was just relaxing and sleeping. One leg was up the other was stretched out. She was able to get the measurements she wanted and I was off for blood work. They do a finger prick and put your blood on 5 different lithmus type circles and they test for different things like protein levels.. I know that is going to be low because I am still trying to work on getting 80+ grams a day!
December 26, 2014
3 years ago today we got engaged and today we make our pregnancy "official" to the outside world!
December 30, 2014

No comments:
Post a Comment